Especially when you can easily walk into any supermarket and have multiple choices at your fingertips.
I mean seriously, we don't have enough to do without adding "make chicken stock" to the to-do list?!
I get it.
And if this recipe wasn't so incredibly easy, fast and delicious, I would be right with you.
But it is easy, fast and delicious, so I'm going to have to insist that you give it a go.
Okay. Now that we have that settled, let's make some stock. This stock is perfect in chicken noodle soup, or anything else that requires chicken stock. If you're not going to use the stock right away, it freezes very well. Simply portion the stock into freezer bags and freeze for up to 6 months(truthfully, it will probably stay good in the freezer much longer than that).
All of the leftover bones, drippings, skin, etc. from the crockpot chicken
2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
2 large carrots, roughly chopped
1 onion roughly chopped
- Leave all of the leftover chicken parts in your crockpot after you've removed all of the meat.
- Add celery, carrots, and onion.
- Fill the crockpot with water and cover.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low. I usually let this cook overnight.
- Carefully strain the stock through a mesh strainer.
- Use right away, refrigerate or freeze.